Above and Beyond Employees: Buddy Archer
There are thirteen different departments that comprise the entirety of QuiBids’ operation, but some of them employ a bunch more than others. One such department is Customer Support, which has about 30 people working around the clock to make sure that your QuiBids shopping experience is as fun and efficient as possible!
One of them is account management specialist Buddy Archer. Buddy’s been here for nearly two years, working to help you understand how our auction model works, so you can get the most out of your QuiBids shopping experience! He’s this month’s Above and Beyond Employee, so let’s take a minute to get to know him with ten quick questions about fireworks, George Michael, and Chuck Norris.
1. How did you get your job here at QuiBids?
I had a few friends that worked here and I sent in my résumé. After a few tough questions from Josh Walker (Customer Support’s head honcho) I had myself a job!
2. Who was your favorite athlete growing up?
3. What was the last product/service you spent more than $100 on?
Fireworks. Had to celebrate the Fourth of July in a big way.
4. If you couldn’t work for QuiBids, what would your dream job be?
Owning my own line of camouflage.
5. What’s your favorite restaurant to cater a QuiBids Fun Friday?
6. Fill in the blank: My boss comes in at 10 a.m. and unexpectedly gives me the rest of the day off. I go to the golf course and play 18 holes.
7. Favorite online distraction at work?
8. Who plays Buddy Archer in the movie about your life?
9. Favorite song, right now?
George Michael — “Careless Whisper”
Editor’s note: If you enjoyed listening to “Careless Whisper,” then you should definitely consider yourself encouraged to watch “Sexy Sax Man Careless Whisper Prank feat. Sergio Flores directors cut” on YouTube.
10. We shift offices around here at QuiBids fairly regularly, especially since we’ve expanded a lot in the last two years. How many different office rooms have you called home and about how many people would you estimate you’ve shared with?
Hahaha gosh lets see here. I’ve worked in four different offices and would say I’ve probably shared an office at one point with about 20 different people. Maybe even 25.
via Tumblr http://quibids101.tumblr.com/post/26976469641